Natural Wedding Makeup in 10 Easy Steps
Getting the Right Look Naturally…
It’s important to try and make yourself feel as comfortable as possible on your wedding day. That may sound impossible but, do your best to control what you can.
If you are a person who generally wears little to no makeup, you don’t want to be out of your comfort-zone on the big day with an extremely different look. If that’s the case then you will probably want to go with a natural look.
A natural wedding makeup look is one that enhances your natural beauty and features, rather than masking them with heavy layers of makeup. Here are some steps to help you achieve a natural wedding makeup look:
- Start by making sure you have a clean and moisturized face. Cleanse, tone, and moisturize your skin before applying any makeup. This will help the makeup go on smoothly and last longer.
- Use a lightweight foundation. Choose a foundation that matches your skin tone and is lightweight enough to allow your natural skin texture to show through. Apply the foundation using a brush or sponge, blending it well into your skin.
- Use a concealer to cover any blemishes or dark circles. Choose a concealer that is slightly lighter than your skin tone and apply it to any areas that need extra coverage. Blend it well using a brush or sponge.
- Use a translucent powder to set your makeup. This will help your makeup stay in place and prevent it from melting off in the heat.
- Add a pop of color to your cheeks. Choose a natural-looking blush in a shade that complements your skin tone. Apply it to the apples of your cheeks, blending it well.
- Define your eyebrows. Use a brow pencil or brow powder to fill in any sparse areas and shape your eyebrows.
- Apply a neutral eye shadow. Choose a neutral eye shadow in a shade that complements your skin tone. Apply it to your eyelids, blending it well.
- Line your eyes with a natural-looking eyeliner. Choose a brown or black eyeliner that is not too bold and apply it to your upper and lower lash lines.
- Coat your lashes with mascara. Choose a waterproof mascara to help your lashes stay in place all day.
- Finish with a natural-looking lipstick or lip gloss. Choose a shade that complements your skin tone and apply it to your lips.
Remember to test out your makeup look before the big day to make sure everything looks and feels good on your skin. Also, consider bringing a makeup touch-up kit with you to your wedding to make any necessary adjustments throughout the day.